Below the economic tough times in Kenya are on the rise. The first and principal reason for this is the continued increase in corruption rates in the country. Hence, this has made the costs of goods and services to increase—for example, basic wants like food, housing, and many more.
Which is the poorest tribe in Kenya?
According to research by the United Nations, northeastern and Nyanza provinces are the poorest regions in Kenya. As of today, the most impoverished tribe in Kenya is the Oromo. It is hugely contributed by lack of education, health facilities, and as well, the living standards. On the other hand, The wealthiest tribe in Kenya is the Embu.
In summary, we shall list the poorest tribes in Kenya as of the year 2020. Assuredly, our conclusions are based on numerous factors. Examples include health, living standards, access to clean water, electricity, education, and many more. Have a look at the data below.
The Top 10 Poorest Tribes in Kenya 2020
- The Oromo is the poorest tribe in Kenya from 2018 to 2020. It is because it’s one of the smallest and marginalized communities in Kenya.
- The Maasai community is the second in the list of the top 10 poorest tribe or tribes in Kenya. It is per the agents we stated above that we assessed in developing the list—for instance, living standards, access to clean water, electricity, education, and so on.
- The Turkana community couldn’t miss in the list of the most inferior tribes in Kenya. However, we hope that the community will soon profit from the Oil discovery in their land. Moreover, investors are focusing on advancing the county to boost business productivity.
- The Chonyi.
- The Mamukonde (from Rwanda).
- The Kauma community in Kenya. And finally.
- The Ribe tribe in Kenya.
- The Rendile tribe in Kenya.
- The Okiek is the fifth in the list of the top 10 poorest communities in Kenya.
- The Digo tribe or community.