After Mobile Money Interoperability was launched in Kenya, we have been seen great changes and even lower prices to send money from one network to another. Airtel Money and M-Pesa have remained interoperable for a while now, however, the method of sending money across these two networks isn’t as easy as we have hoped.
- Register using your M-pesa registered mobile number and activate it
- Choose to Send Money > Select Airtel Money
- Choose Other (Send to Airtel money beneficiary) or Bulk (Send to multiple Airtel money beneficiaries)
- Select the Preferred payment mode i.e. Mpesa (Respective service charges are displayed based on tiered amount)
- Upon payment, notification is sent and can be accessed via reports.
Another way to send money from M-Pesa to Airtel Money:
- Dial *234*1*8#
- You will see M-Pesa Tuma Pesa Popote pop-up menu
- Enter recipients number
- Enter a PIN when prompted
Here’s M-Pesa to T-Kash Transaction Charges:
|Minimum Amount (Kes.)||Maximum Amount (Kes.)||Transaction Charges (Kes.)|